I came across Katy and Sian’s Linky and I thought what a great idea it is. I’ve decided to focus on positives from now on, so every week, I will be posting what made me happy in the week. It’s a nice way to lift mood and remember the good things.
1. I had my lovely stepson staying with us. It’s always so nice to see him and my son together. There’s so much love between the two of them, it’s all so heartwarming.
2. I sorted my Dad out a new mobile phone as he’s struggling with his current one. My Dad is my best friend and I love being able to do nice things for him. He’s always so grateful and loves a new piece of tech, so when I told him about his new phone, you could hear him grinning on the other side of the phone and that makes me feel so happy!
3. I had a boogie with my little boy at his school disco on Thursday. I love a good boogie and I offered to help out that the school disco. I had so much fun dancing and twirling the girls around. The boys were jumping all over me, but boys will be boys 🙂
4. I enjoyed a lovely lunch with my husband and stepson on Tuesday. This is reasonably rare these days and it was so nice to just relax with good food and a nice glass of wine. It was a happy and fun lunch and one I won’t forget in a hurry.
5. I received an email reply from Arianna Huffington. I plucked up the courage to email her directly after the lovely Rachel Hawkins from Our.Rach. encouraged me to go for it. I did, and less than 12 hours later I was reading a reply from Arianna who said, and I quote, “We would love to feature your voice on HuffPost.” This is a huge accomplishment for me and it’s motivated me so much to make a success of my writing.
6. I wrote my son’s birthday invites. I don’t know who is more excited about this, me or him?!
7. My husband made me an amazing steak meal when I was feeling under the weather. He’s a fantastic cook and he knows how to cheer me up. I had been in a bit of pain that day and wasn’t feeling great. Combined with House of Cards, it was a lovely relaxing evening. I’m such a lucky girl!
Although this week was full on and I was feeling a bit rubbish towards the end, the key has been to stay positive. My son and my husband are so supportive and loving, it’s hard to feel rubbish around them. Onwards and upwards for the week ahead. I’m going to spend the week planing both of my blogs. Girls n Gadgets has been a little bit neglected due to my poorliness of late, but since receiving the email from Arianna Huffington, I have the get up and go make a real success of myself!